A New Way of Seeing Jazz

Aesthetic Realism and The Siegel Theory of Opposites offer a new way of understanding the beauty of jazz and all music.

Name:

I grew up outside of Philadelphia and have lived in New York for over 20 years. I'm a jazz pianist, singer, arranger, choral conductor and music teacher. I've been teaching full-time for about 18 years. Currently I teach on the junior and senior high school levels, though I've taught from elementary school through college. I also teach privately. Since 1985 I've been studying Aesthetic Realism, first in consultations and now in professional classes taught by Ellen Reiss.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

My First Post

Composer Edward Green has given a great talk about the music of Duke Ellington. Titled "Aesthetic Realism Explains the Beauty of Jazz and of Duke Ellington," it was originally given at the Smithsonian Institution. Click on the link to read an article by Carrie Wilson about this talk.